Although the state of Texas has begun to "reopen" in a phased approach, the following will be in place until further notice:
- The District offices are open; all staff working in open areas will be on a staggered schedule and always accessible by email, text and mobile phone
- All Downtown District produced and/or sponsored events are being evaluated. Some events, such as movies at Market Square Park will occur under the City of Houston outdoor, public event guidelines.
- Due to actions taken by Governor Abbott related to open meetings to maintain government transparency, board of directors’ meetings and board committee meetings will be virtual and/or teleconferencing, as needed, and will continue to be open to the public
Essential public space services provided by our entities will continue, including:
- Off-duty HPD contractors
- S.E.A.L. private security
- Downtown Safety Guide patrol
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Trash removal from receptacles
- Curbside Trash Program
- Sidewalk/bus stop cleaning of hotspots as needed
- Market Square Park cleaning and maintenance
- Tree watering (for non-irrigated areas)
- Mowing and trimming
- Twice weekly cleaning of Chartres and Hamilton encampments (contingent on HPD support)
- Maintain portacan and handwash stations at current frequencies
Streetscape General Conditions
- Observation of streescape fixtures and maintenance or repairs as needed: lights, banners, planters, irrigation, trees, etc.
- Bagby Street Improvement Project continues under essential critical infrastructure
We will continue to keep you informed; if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Just a reminder, a link to available resources can be found on our Central Houston and Downtown Houston websites.